LEAD US TO THE PATH OF LIGHT!
The clarion call for Clergies to arise now and join hands to build Nigeria is not based on the fact that religious leaders have lived up to the high standard expected of men and women that are supposed to be God’s direct representatives and mouth-piece in the affairs of men. In fact, in many cases, this hallowed group have been so polluted by the endemic corruption in the society that in some quarters within Nigeria, once you introduce yourself as a Clergy you immediately become an object of suspicion, because of the unimaginable level of unprintable atrocities that have been committed by many self-appointed Clergies who were called by the pressure to ‘belong’ or keep soul and body together, not to mention the daily irregularities that has almost become a norm, even by those who consider themselves holy, because righteousness has lost its meaning, without sparing the religious sanctuaries of our troubled land.
The call on Clergies is predicated on the fact that though the societal decadence spared no group in its entirety, a reasonable percentage of our Clergies are still trusted to remain resolutely committed to holiness, fairness, justice and genuine love for this country. Aside of this, they remain the single largest group that still commands enough respect from the general populace that will enable them drive home the message of the hope of this near-failed state becoming a Righteous, Prosperous and United Country. Above all, they are the largest group that is equipped to retain hope when despair has overwhelmed others and still belief when every known fact proofs contrary that there is a Paradise Named Nigeria.
Since this is not a literary piece, Clergies ought to understand that I cannot counsel or direct them without the authority to do so. The truly called who have the genuine love of this nation at heart should therefore take special steps to do the following henceforth.
· Stand in the gap for Nigeria day and night before the living God. If you like, confirm if what you are reading is true or not…
· Lead the people to true repentance and let them know that it is righteous living that promotes a nation. Be a living example of what holiness means in every area of your life.
· Stop living like the worldly at once! It is already confusing the youth and giving credence to the corruption perpetrated by the other strata of the society. Shun frivolous living and ungodly craze for wealth and affluence. Riches will never be a true yardstick for godliness.
· Teach the true virtues of love, peace, fairness and justice.
· Teach what it means to be faithful, loyal and dedicated to ones nation at all time.
· Inculcate the spirit of hard work in the citizenry and let them know that riches gathered in hurry and through unrighteousness will not endure.
· Teach the people that God will never ask them to hate, maim or kill a man or woman that has not offended them and that anytime they are directed to do so they are simply working for Satan who has used his cunning devices to trick them to doing his ungodly desire.
NOTE: THE NUMBER OF CLERGIES IN NIGERIA ARE ENOUGH TO CHANGE THE PRESENT UNDESIRABLE COURSE. HOWEVER, IF YOU ALL PRAY IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AND NOTHING HAPPENS, MAY BE YOU SHOULD ANNOUNCE TO THE PEOPLE TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER GOD!!!